School Safety Hotline
The hotline is designed for crisis
prevention. If students know of an unsafe situation in school (weapons violations, bomb threats, drugs or alcohol, bullying,
etc.), they can anonymously pass on that information through the hotline, initiating immediate and appropriate action. Click here to learn more.
In the event of inclement weather, please check for school closing information at
Internet Safety & Cyberbullying Presentation
Please see our presentation on internet safety and cyberbullying
Online Student Info
You may be able to check your children's assignments and reports cards by logging in to
You can fund your children's lunch accounts by
logging into MyLunchMoney.com
Get in contact with a member of the faculty
In order to volunteer or chaperone at Braelinn, please read our volunteer information page
There are many easy ways that you can earn free money for Braelinn Elementary.
Click here to find out how. Send the link to this page to your friends and
Click on an event for more details or
click here to see the full calendar
Click here to see the full
We would like to say THANK YOU to all the wonderful volunteers who helped Braelinn this year.
Without you, we could not do all the wonderful things for our students and faculty.
We appreciate all your hard work, time and dedication!
It is with mixed emotion that we say good-bye to what has been a very busy and great year at Braelinn.
We will miss all our families who have their youngest children leaving Braelinn and moving on to Rising Starr.
We will also miss the wonderful families that are being moved to Peeples Elementary.
We wish all of you the best of luck when school starts next year.
Your new schools are lucky to have you join their families.
We hope to stay in touch with our Braelinn families a little over the summer to help next year's school year get off to a very smooth start.
So, if you know of families that will be coming to Braelinn next year, please let them know about our e-mail newsletter so we can add them.
Also, if you are leaving our school and wish to remove your e-mail address from the newsletter, please let us know that too.
Enjoy your last week of school! We hope everyone has a fun and relaxing summer. See you next year!
Call Me Maybe
- 5/23 - Next year's school suppliy lists are posted
- 2013 - 2014 school supply lists are now posted. Important Note: there are no pre-purchased school supply sets this year!
- 5/19 - Braelinn Blast is Tuesday and Wednesday!
- We still need volunteers for this fun event! Please let your room parent know if you can help out. Remember, in order to participate in the fire truck water activity, the
permission form, signed by both parents, must be turned in before Braelinn Blast.
- 5/19 - Our Braelinn Faculty & Staff Rock!!
- Check out the video they debuted at the 5th Grade Variety Show last Friday. Click HERE to view Braelinn Faculty's Call Me
Maybe video. We have an amazing group of teachers and staff! Thank you for all you do!
- 5/19 - Media Center News
- All library books were already due to the Media Center. If your child still has library books at home, please get those turned in to allow the Media Center to complete their inventory. Also, please note that any
outstanding books will remain on your child's library account even if your child will be attending another school in Fayette County next year.
- 5/19 - Courtyard Committee
- The fish and turtles will still need to be taken care of over the summer. If you are interested in volunteering for a week, please email Angela Lehew at AJ_579@live.com.
- 5/19 - BOXTOPS Committee
- Remember to keep clipping all summer! If you are interested in learning more about how you might be able to help Braelinn in this area, please feel free to contact Heather Stone for more information
- 5/19 - Fitness Camp
- Coach Collins is hosting a Fitness Camp this summer for those students that are serious in their endeavors into sports and fitness arenas like running, horse riding/racing, martial arts, etc. There are full and
half day options so be looking for the flyer and it will be on the Community Schools Site as soon as we get the Flyer and Contracts approved. Dates are July 22 - 25 & 29 - Aug. 1, 9am - 3pm, half days are 9 - 11:30 &
12:30 - 3.
- 5/19 - Mark Richt Football Camps
- Youth day camps will be offered June 10 – 12 for ages 8 - 13. You can register online at http://www.georgiadogs.com/ot/13-fb-camp.html. Please see
the attached flyer for more information.
- 5/6 - Stakeholder Survey
- Dr. Joseph C. Barrow was hired by the Fayette County Board of Education during a called meeting on April 29 as the new superintendent of the Fayette County Public School System. Dr. Barrow will officially begin his
position on July 1. In order to help chart the future direction of the school system, he is asking all stakeholders (students, parents, employees, and community) to provide their thoughts, ideas and suggestions regarding
various aspects of the school system. The 10-question survey is posted at the FCBOE site through May 31. Questions are open-ended, giving respondents the opportunity to describe their views of each topic addressed. The information collected will be used to develop
organizational plans and procedures, as well as for mapping out a sense of direction for the school system.
“Thank you in advance for taking your time to complete the survey. We value and place a high degree of importance on the feedback received from the stakeholders in our school system and community,” says Dr. Barrow.
- 5/6 - Spring Fling is rescheduled for this Friday!!
- Unfortunately, the weather didn't cooperate with us last Saturday so we moved our Spring Fling to this coming Friday, May 10th from 6 - 8 pm. Deadline for ordering wristbands has been extended to this Wednesday,
May 8th. Don't forget, right before the Spring Fling is the 5th Grade Variety Show, from 5 - 6 pm in the gym. Thank you for your understanding and support of Braelinn Elementary! We will see you on Friday!!
- 5/6 - Teacher Appreciation Week begins this Monday!
- We would love to shower our teachers with thanks and appreciation this week. We've come up with little, simply ways to make each teacher feel special during this week of appreciation. Below are suggestions of
little themed days that are easy and caring ways to honor our wonderful Braelinn teachers. Let your child choice one or all five days to show a little thanks for all the hard work our teachers have done with our
Monday May 6 Theme: Thank you for being so sweet to me
Each child bring in a flower for his/her teacher to make a bouquet!
Tuesday May 7 Theme: Thank you for all your words of encouragement this year
Have your child write a small note or draw a picture for his/her teacher
Wednesday May 8 Theme: Share the Love
Teacher Appreciation Luncheon- Each child can choose their own way to show love for his/her teacher
Thursday May9 Theme: Donate a book
Donate a new or used book for the classroom
Friday May 10 Theme: Thanks for sticking with us this year
Have your child compliment his/her teacher today and bring her a hershey's kiss or chocolate bar.
- 5/6 - Peeple's Student Field Trip
- Last week, students who will be attending Peeple's next year visited the school. A wonderful parent at Peeple's
created a video of that day. Thank you for making our Braelinn students feel so welcome on that day!
- 5/6 - Welcome to Braelinn!
- In case you haven't seen it yet, here is the song by our very own Mr. Moore welcoming the new kids to Braelinn
- 5/6 - Georgia Bike to School Day
- May 8th is GA Bike to School Day. The GREEN Team is working with the Clean Air Campaign to get cars off the road that day. If you can't ride a bike, a golf cart is ok, too!
- 5/6 - DUKE TIP Talent Search participants were honored this week!
- Congratulations to the 2013 DUKE TIP Talent Search honorees! These 4th and 5th grade students. who scored in the 95th percentile or higher in the nation on a grade-level standardized achievement test, were honored
on WBST and received a ribbon and certificate: A. J. Boehm, Maggie Brady, Gabe Fernandez, Mary Jane Gagliano, Scout Harris, Vee Holcomb, Haley Hunt, Sophia Kamal, Brannon Krause, Ben Landrum, Lillie Lanier,
Josh McKamey, Samuel Miyazaki, Grant Postage, Dean Rowell, Camden Sutherland, Erika Thomsen, Emma Vines, Meg Weaver
- 5/6 - FCBOE Stakeholder Survey
- Dr. Barrow is conducting a stakeholder survey. It is posted on the FCBOE website under “What’s in the News at FCBOE.” Additional information about the survey is available by clicking on the link on the webpage.
Please take a moment give your input.
- 5/6 - Don't forget to register for the After School Program!
- ASP has Pre-Registration Specials now thru May 10th. If you register early, you can receive $10 off the Pre-Registration Fee and $5 off the 1st week tuition. Plus, your name will be entered into a drawing to
win a free week of ASP!!
- 5/6 - Thank you for a great Career Fair!!
- The Career Fair committee did a wonderful job reaching out to the community to find speakers in various fields to come and educate our children about their careers. We would like to offer a big thanks to Tricia
Landrum and her committee for the wonderful job they did. Thank you also to all the parents and organizations that put together wonderful displays for the children to enjoy. One last thank you goes to all the
parents who volunteered during these two days...we couldn't have done it without all of your support.
- 5/6 - Correction...
- In last week's Sneak Peek, we made an announcement that we had 2 new parents who will be heading up the workroom for next year. We made an error and want to apologize to Angela. Her last name is Angela Berger and
we, in error, listed her maiden name. Welcome Angela and Kelly!
- 5/6 - PTCPD's Junior Police Academy
- The Peachtree City Police Department is hosting a Junior Police Academy July 8th to July 12th, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The JPA is open for teens ages 12 to 17. To download an application visit
www.peachtree-city.org/police or pick one up at the Peachtree City Police Department located at 350 S. Hwy. 74, Peachtree City GA 30269. If you have any additional questions, please email Sgt. Kay Crider at
firstname.lastname@example.org or Cpl. Smilley at email@example.com.
- 5/6 - Quarters for a Cure and Lemonade Stand still going on!
- Braelinn's Relay for Life Team needs your help. Quarters for Cure: students can purchase an M&M or Skittles container in the front office for $2 before WBST. Fill the container up with quarters and return it
to school. All donations go towards finding a cure for cancer. Lemonade Stand: for a $1 donation, students can write the name of a person that he/she would like to honor/remember who has battled cancer. All lemons will
be added to our Lemonade Stand in the display case outside the library. All donations go toward our Relay for Life Team and The American Cancer Society. The class who generates the most donations in each grade level
will enjoy a lemonade party during the last week of school.
- 5/6 - 2013 Starr's Mill High School Pantherette Dance Camp
- Join the highly decorated Starr’s Mill High School Dance team for a week of crafts, games, snacks and LOTS of dance from June 3rd-6th (9:00-12:00). A special performance for parents at the end of the week!
Registration Fee: $100 (Rising Kindergarten-Rising 8th graders). Registration Deadline: May 24th, Walk ups welcome on camp day if space allows. Email coach for details: firstname.lastname@example.org. No personal checks.
Send Bank Cashier’s Check or money orders (made out to FCBOE) or stop by Community School office (205 Lafayette Avenue, Fayetteville) to pay by Visa or MasterCard, Cash or Money order.
- 4/28 - ASP Pre-Registration Specials
- ASP has pre-registration specials now thru May 10th. If you register early, you can receive $10 off the pre-registration fee and $5 off the 1st week tuition
- 4/28 - Last day for checks
- May 1st, the lunchroom cafeteria manager will not be allowed to accept checks or charges. Payments for lunch will need to be paid in cash or online at mylunchmoney.com. Thank you!
- 4/28 - Peeple's New Student Field Trip on Monday
- Our new student's come to visit 9-11 a.m. Let's show them that Braelinn has spirit...it's SPIRIT DAY! Have your student where their class or school shirts.
- 4/28 - Spirit Night!!
- Join us this Monday from 5 - 8 pm at Johnny's Pizza for Spirit Night. Come sit on the patio with your Braelinn Family or take advantage of Monday's take-out specials.
- 4/28 - Braelinn's First Annual Career Fair is 5/1-5/2
- The Career Fair committee has done a wonderful job reaching out to the community to find speakers in various fields to come and educate our children about their careers. It should be a wonderful event for everyone
attending! But, we still need volunteers to help with the classes. Volunteers are still needed in Dunham, Nash, Jaggers, Rook, Hagauer, Okoro, Phillips, and Beaty's classes. Please let your Room Parent know if you can
Wednesday, May 1st:
3rd Grade: 9:00 - 10:00 am
1st Grade: 10:15 - 11:15 am
Kindergarten: 12:30 - 1:30 pm
Thursday, May 2nd:
4th Grade: 8:30 - 10:00 am
2nd Grade: 10:30 - 11:30 am
5th Grade: 12:45 - 2:10 pm
- 4/28 - Braelinn Spring Fling is this Saturday from 6 - 8 pm!
- Join us on Saturday for an evening of fun and games! DON"T delay.... Turn in your ticket form by Wednesday. We will not be able
to except ANY late orders. All pre-sale orders will be delivered to child #1 teacher on Friday, May 3rd. $10.00 upfront and $15.00 at the door.
There will also be a Cake Walk this year. We are in need of cakes/cookies/muffins etc. to be donated for the cake walk. Please RSVP to Kathy Turner at Turner100@comcast.net if you can bring a cake!
Don't forget your checkbooks! We are going to have close to 50 items on display for the Silent Auction this year! Be sure to stop by and check out some of these great auction items... Braves tickets, lunch with Fire
Fighters at Fire Station, Six Flags tickets, Aquarium tickets, Zac Brown Band autographed items, Teeth Whitening, Massages, and two rounds of Cannon Gate Golf for four!! This list doesn't even include all the wonderful
special teacher items....you'll have to come to see what they have planned!
We are asking for ten 5th graders to be in the dunk tank for 15 minute increments. If your child is wanting to participate please sign the attached waiver and turn it in to their
teacher no later then Wednesday May 1st. In the event we have more then ten volunteers, names will be drawn.
Be sure to enter your name in the Dickey’s drawing at front entrance where we will be raffling off $50.00 gift cards every 15 minutes!!
A SPECIAL THANK YOU to our Spring Fling sponsors: Owens Corning, Wal-Mart, Peachtree Pediatric Dentistry, Kids R Kids (Robinson Road), Mahaffey Orthodontics. McClannahan Country Financial, Panasonic, Cooper,
Avella Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, Graphic Media Solutions, Print Media South, CSX
Thank you for your support of Braelinn Elementary!!
- 4/28 - Peeples Spring Fling
- Also, The Peeples Spring Fling is coming up on May 3, 2013, 5 - 8:00 p.m. Everyone is welcome to attend and join the fun! If you are interested in attending, flyers are available on the PTO table with ticket
- 4/28 - 5th Grade Variety Show
- Don't forget about the 5th Grade Variety show right before Spring Fling. May 4th from 5-6 in the gym. Lots of great acts - it will be entertaining!
- 4/28 - We are happy to announce we have two new parent's that will be heading up the workroom for next year
- Welcome Angela Hillis and Kelly Kroskey to Braelinn School! Thank you for already jumping in to voluteer. A special Thank You also goes to Julie Powell who graciously stepped up to complete this year's chairing
of the workroom and for chairing the workroom for the last several years. We wish you the best as your last child moves on to Rising Starr!
- 4/28 - The courtyard still needs a lot of TLC!
- Come for lunch Monday and enjoy the beautiful courtyard....then maybe stay for an extra few minutes and help keep it pretty. There is a to-do list on the door. The biggest need is weed pulling and everyone is
qualified for that job! Angela Lehew has offered to chair the Courtyard Committee again next year and she has a lot of great ideas but she needs a few green thumbs to help her. If you are interested in joining her
team her email is AJ_579@live.com.
- 4/28 - LAST PUSH FOR BOXTOPS for this year!
- Let's spring clean our cabinets and turn in all the boxtops that are sitting in a baggie somewhere in your kitchen drawer before they get lost over the summer. Send them into school in an envelope or baggie with
your students TEACHER's name by MAY 3rd (THAT'S THIS FRIDAY!). We will count them and the class with the highest number will get ice cream!
- 4/28 - A Special THANK YOU
- A Special THANK YOU to everyone who helped spread mulch on the playground this past Tuesday morning! Thanks to Coach Collins' fundraising and your PTO dollars at work, the playground is safe for our kids to play.
- 4/28 - Elections were held at the last PTO meeting
- Attached is next year's PTO Executive Board!
- 4/28 - Don't forget to LIKE us on Facebook!
- Visit www.facebook.com/braelinnelementary and press the thumbs up ‘Like’ button, then select the dropdown box next to the Like button to "Add to Interests lists" so you can stay up to date on all the exciting
things happening at BES! Once you "Like" our page, you can easily receive updates and can comment on our posts. We are excited and look forward to your contribution and feedback!
- 4/28 - Don't forget, Teacher Appreciation Week starts next week!
- Let's show our teachers how much we appreciate all their hard work. Our Lead Room Parent, Christine Gutshall, and our room parents are planning a week of daily themes to show them how thankful we are for all they
do for our children. It doesn't have to be much. Sometimes the greatest gift is one that is homemade! It can be a special card, drawing, flowers, a basket of fruit, a sweet treat, breakfast, a home baked cake or a
craft made by your child. Take a peek at what they have planned...
Monday, May 6th:
Theme: Thank you for being so sweet to me!
Ideas: flowers, box of candy, fresh fruits, soap or lotion or their favorite dessert
Tuesday, May 7th:
Theme: Thank you for all of your words of encouragement this year!
Ideas: handwritten Thank You notes, teacher stationery, thank you cards, note pads or packs of "encouraging" stickers they can use when grading papers
Wednesday, May 8th:
Theme: Share the Love! Celebrate our Specials Teacher’s Day! Staff Appreciation Luncheon
Today they will be treated to a special lunch.
Thursday, May 9th:
Theme: Donate a book (new or used) to the classroom. Show acts of kindness.
Ideas: Please send in a new or used book to add to your child’s classroom library. Another suggestion would be to challenge your child to look for an opportunity to help their teachers by doing a good deed today.
Friday, May 10th:
Theme: Thanks for sticking with us this year even when it hasn’t been easy.
Ideas: Words of encouragement, gift cards, candles, etc: Suggest to your student to compliment his or her teacher once today for each number grade they are in. For example a third grader would try to give three compliments.
- 4/21 - Parent placement cards
- Parent placement cards went home. Please return your card to Braelinn by May 3 if you are returning to Braelinn next year or if you are going to Peeples. We will make sure Peeples gets your form. Both schools are
using the same form this year.
- 4/21 - Town Hall meeting
- All parents and interested members of the community are invited to a Town Hall meeting on Tuesday, April 23 at Sam's Auditorium from 5:30-6:15 PM. Muriel Summer, the principal of the first school to implement
The Leader in Me, will be speaking and discussing her experiences.
- 4/21 - The class that won the pizza lunch for the Pink Zebra Fund Raiser is...
- Mrs. Phillips' class!! CONGRATULATIONS!! We would like to thank the families that participated in this candle fundraiser. Your wonderful candles will be delivered soon for you to enjoy.
- 4/21 - THIS TUESDAY MORNING AT 8:30am we PLEAD for your help!
- Thanks to Coach Collins' fundraising and the PTO, 500 bags of mulch will be delivered. The county will have a bobcat here to help move the mulch but we need to open the bags. EVERYONE is invited and needed to make
this happen for our kids. Please, Please, Please come for an hour to help. We don't want Troy to be alone! Bring a cutter and pitchfork or rack and help make the playground safer for our kids.
- 4/21 - Kindergarten Connection is this Friday
- Friday is Kindergarden Connection at 10. It's time to register for kindergarden for you haven't already or if you have a neighbor let them know. This Friday at 10 a.m. is the open house and we don't want them to
miss meeting the teacher's and walking through the school.
- 4/21 - Quarters for a Cure
- Stop by the office before WSBT and purchase a pack of mini M&Ms for $2. Fill the tube with quarters and bring it back to school. All proceeds go towards Relay for Life.
- 4/21 - Our SPRING FLING is May 4th from 6-8
- Kathy Turner, Troy Wheeler and their committee are putting the final touches on the details this week. They are looking for items you'd be willing to donate to the silent auction. If you're interested in donating
anything, please e-mail Kathy Turner at Turner100@comcast.net. Last year's items were wonderful.... remember your checkbook this year because... they promise to be bigger and better! In addition to all the bouncy fun
and games, there will be a cake walk this year so be thinking about your best cake recipe to share that day. A SPECIAL THANK YOU to our Spring Fling sponsors: Wal-Mart, Panasonic, Owens Corning, Kids R Kids (Robinson
Road), and Peachtree Pediatric Dentistry. Thank you for your support of Braelinn Elementary!!
- 4/21 - Peeples Spring Fling
- Also, The Peeples Spring Fling is coming up on May 3, 2013, 5 - 8:00 p.m. Everyone is welcome to attend and join the fun! If you are interested in attending, flyers are available on the PTO table with ticket
- 4/21 - Elections were held at this past week's PTO meeting
- Attached is next year's PTO Executive Board. Thank you to the Executive Board for stepping up and volunteering your time and energy!!
- 4/21 - SMHS Football camp for grades 2-8
- Date is June 3-6. Time is 9-12. Registration: They can either mail in the form or go in person to the Fayette Community School, 205 LaFayette Ave, Fayetteville. Forms can be found at www.fayettecs.org.
Cost: Pre-registered campers are $80. Walk ups are $90
- 4/21 - There is a lot happening so mark your calendar:
- April 29th - Johnny's Pizza Spirit Night. Come sit on the patio with your Braelinn Family
- April 29th - Our new student's come to visit. Let's show them the Braelinn has spirit...It's a SPIRIT DAY! Have your student where their class or school shirts.
- May 4th - SPRING FLING
- May 6-11th - Teacher Appreciation Week. Details on how your student can help make their teacher feel special will be in next week's Sneak Peek.
- May 7th - Peeples families open house
- May 8th - Nurse Appreciation Day
- May 8th - Teacher Appreciation Day
- May 8th - National Ride Your Bike to School Day. The Green Team is encouraging every student to ride so our air can be cleaner!
- May 9th - Band and Choir concert at 6:30 pm
- May 14th - Last Cub Scout Pack meeting
- May 16th - Last PTO meeting and appreciation breakfast at 9:00 am
- May 17th - Girl Scout End of the Year Picnic
- May 18th - Braelinn Science Olympiad Team goes to state. GOOD LUCK!
- May 24th - LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!
- Please do not bring fast food for your child during lunch.
- We ask that parents who bring treats at lunchtime only give the treats to your child's class. Some students will feel left out if they don't get a
treat, and we would like to avoid hurt feelings. Other students have food allergies.
- Parents should not drop off or pick up students by car at the kindergarten door
- If you need to change the way your child is going home, please call before 2:00pm.
- Parents and Visitors must check-in the front office and get a visitor sticker! At all times!
- Parents, if you bring and/or pickup your child in a golf cart, you should park in the two designated parking areas rather than coming through
the car lane. This is a safety issue. Thank you!
- Please do not let your young children play on or near the golf cart path behind the golf cart parking lot on the kindergarten side. A few "near
misses" have been reported. Let's keep our kids safe!
- Lost & Found is located in the front hall. Please label all jackets and lunchboxes. All items will be donated at the end of each month!
- The GREEN Team is collecting gently used books, athletic shoes, Capri Sun empty containers. We also have a dumpster in the back of school that takes
all cardboard, paper, magazines, newspapers. We will no longer be accepting plastic bags or plastic containers of any kind. Please recycle them at
Kroger/Publix and the Recycling Center on McIntosh Trail. Learn more about recycling at
- Do you have any pictures of Braelinn events? Please send them to email@example.com
- If your Braelinn student is in the newspaper this school year, please bring an extra copy to the school for Nance Hudson. She will be putting them
on our "Newspaper Bulletin Board", which is near the media center.
As required by the No Child Left Behind Act, the Fayette County School System advises
parents that they may request, and the school will provide in a timely manner, information
regarding the professional qualifications of your child's classroom teachers. Click here to learn more.